Route planerRead more
Getting here by car
The Kleinwalsertal valley is located in the north-east of the Austrian state of Vorarlberg and can only be reached by road via Oberstdorf (Germany/Bayern). The main part of Austria can only be reached directly by foot or by taking a detour via Allgäu.
- You do not need an autobahn badge to drive into the valley.
- Please ensure that you have suitable tyres in winter. In Austria, winter tyres (min. 4mm, M S) are obligatory on snow-covered roads from 1 November to 15 April.
The majority of routes in meet in Ulm and continue on the A7. At the Allgäu motorway junction, via the segment of the A980 to the junction at Waltenhofen and on the 4-lane Bundesstrasse 19 via Sonthofen and Oberstdorf into the Kleinwalsertal valley.
Via St. Gallen towards Bregenz and further on via Queralpenstrasse to Oberstaufen, Immenstadt, Sonthofen and Oberstdorf on into the Kleinwalsertal valley. In summer or when the Riedbergpass is clear, you have the option of driving via Bregenzerwald (Hittisau) - Riedbergpass - Fischen - Oberstdorf.
Coming from Tirol via Innsbruck - Nassereith - Fernpass - Reutte - Oberjoch - Hindelang - Sonthofen - Oberstdorf - Kleinwalsertal or, without any passes, via Garmisch Partenkirchen - Füssen - Immenstadt - Sonthofen. From Vorarlberg - see Switzerland.
The Kleinwalsertal valley is only a couple of hours’ drive away from international and regional airports.
|St. Gallen-Altenrhein||90 km||1:45||ab 2:45|
|Memmingerberg||92 km||1:35||ab 2:00|
|Friedrichshafen||105 km||2:00||ab 2:20|
|Innsbruck||185 km||3:00||ab 5:30|
|Zürich||187 km||2:45||ab 3:30|
|Augsburg||210 km||2:40||ab 2:50|
|München||230 km||2:55||ab 3:15|
|Stuttgart||230 km||2:50||ab 3:40|
DB Car train
Kleinwalsertal recommends environmentally-friendly overnight travel in the sleeper or couchette carriage with the Autozug (car train) run by Deutsche Bahn from numerous stations in Germany to Munich. You will arrive in the morning, completely rested, with your own car, allowing you to be mobile when you arrive.
All timetables, prices and travel information can be found in the current catalogue. Information and booking via the service number of Deutsche Bahn on 0180 5 99 66 33*** (key word “Autozug” (car train)), daily from 8am to 10pm, wherever you find tickets and at www.bahn.de/autozug
Travel bus Komm mit
Cheap - reliable - safe and comfortable!"Komm mit" takes you straight into the Kleinwalsertal valley. You are picked up at your front door (with your luggage) by a taxi on the morning on your day of departure and taken to our bus meeting point. Sports equipment can also be taken on request. The return journey is the same in reverse: from your accommodation to your home address.
- Return: €144.00 (children aged up to 15: €99.00)
- Single: €79.00 (children aged up to 15: €58.00)
- Additional luggage: €10.00 (zimmer frame, wheelchair, skis, etc. must be registered and paid for.)
(Prices for children aged up to 15 only applicable when accompanied by two adults)
- Collection by taxi from your front door and journey to the bus departure point and back
- Transfer in a modern coach (with reclining seats, fridge, kitchen area, WC) to your holiday destination and back
- Free luggage transport
- In the case of less than 12 people, we reserve the right to run the service with a minibus.
Komm mit Morent GmbH
Tel: +49 8321 6710 22
Information und Reservations