Parish church St. Anna - Hirschegg
The parish church of St. Anna is located in the center of Hirschegg, Dürenbodenstraße 1.
Around 1570 in Hirschegg a chapel is mentioned, which was then changed and rebuilt several times. The first time we find the place name in the annual diary 1499, where it is recorded in a document: ... located on the hierßegg, dz picture dar. As "picture" is a shrine or a small chapel to understand. In 1745 Hirschegg was raised to the chaplaincy. The maternal priest Mittelberg originally filed vehement opposition. Ultimately, the bishop of Constance decided that the pastor has to recognize the appointment of a curate. In 1767 the chapel received a new tower. In 1782 the Hirschegger asked for release from the parish of Mittelberg. This was disagreeable for various reasons, mainly because of the loss of stolen fees and other cash benefits. The elevation to the independent parish took place in 1792. For the faithful thus accounted for the long and dangerous Kirchwege to Mittelberg. In 1804, the foundation stone was laid for rebuilding the church. In 1806, the present church was inaugurated by the Bishop of Constance, Ferdinand Count von Bissingen. The Walser artist Maximilian Seelenmayer created in 1837 "The Last Supper" in the choir bow, 1907 was an extensive interior design. At that time Xaver Dietrich, a pupil of Prof. Ritter von Feuerstein, painted the paintings on the choir arch, in the nave, the Emporendecke and the four corner medallions of the church fathers. In 1987, the church square was redesigned. Noteworthy is the equipped with Bronzereliefs village well. On the eight basin walls are representations of proverbial wisdom in the Walser dialect.
Masses: Saturday 7.00 pm (February, April, June, August, October, December) < monthly change > Sunday 10.30 am (January, March, May, July, September, November),
in the evening at 07.00 pm on the 2nd Tuesday of the month and according to the notice board.
ContactPfarrkirche St. Anna