Schönegger Käse-Alm Riezlern
We are the partner and hay milk processor of the Walser Buura.
The Schönegger Käse-Alm has specialized in the processing of 100% mountain farmers' hay milk. Twelve dairy farmers from the Kleinwalsertal deliver their valuable hay milk to the Schönegger Käse-Alm, which is processed into delicious cheese specialties. In the Schönegger Käse-Alm in Riezlern, in addition to a wide range of different types of cheese made from mountain farmers' hay milk, products such as yoghurt, hay milk and spreads, fresh farmer's bread, sausage and game specialties and a wide variety of farm products, including schnapps and eggs, are offered. There is also coffee and cake or a hearty snack, which can also be enjoyed in the sunny lounge. In the entrance area of the Käse-Alm there is a 24-hour vending machine where cheese specialties and other delicacies are available at any time of the day.
Our specialties in Riezlern
• Cheese specialties made from mountain farmers' hay milk
• Yoghurt, hay milk and spreads
• Fresh farmer's bread
• Sausage & game specialties
• Coffee & homemade cakes
• Enjoy cheese and sausage platters in the snack bar
• Gift baskets to be ordered in advance
• Whey care products and whey drinks
• Various farm products such as schnapps, eggs and much more
• Parking right next to the Käse-Alm
• 24-hour vending machine in the entrance area with cheese specialties made from mountain farmers' hay milk and other delicacies.
Opening hours of the main season
Winter (3rd Adventsunday to Sunday after Easter)
Summer (Pentecost Sunday to week after All Saint`s Day)
Monday to Thursday 08:30 a.m. - 06:00 p.m.
Friday 08:00 a.m. - 06:00 p.m.
Saturday 08:00 a.m. - 01:00 p.m.
Sunday 3:00 p.m. - 6:00 p.m
Opening hours in the low season
Winter (Mo after All Saint`s Day to Saturday before 3rd Adventsunday)
Summer (Monday after White Sunday to Pentecost Saturday)
Monday to Friday 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m
Saturday 09:00 a.m. - 01:00 p.m.