Unterwestegg-Kapelle Maria Hilf
The Unterwestegg chapel Maria Hilf is located in the district of Unterwestegg / Riezlern.
This chapel was built in 1796 instead of a shrine of seven neighboring peasants. They committed themselves to receive the church for their subsequent homeowners. This is still true today. Pastor Julius Längle from Riezlern succeeded in 1907 through the mediation of the Austrian heir to the throne Franz Ferdinand to acquire a late-Gothic winged altar from the Pustertal in South Tyrol. Whether he may be attributed to the famous Pacherschule or the influence of this family of artists, remains uncertain. In the middle of the altar, the Madonna and her are shown side by side with the saints Florian and George. The inside of the altar wings show the pictures of the saints Martin and Wendelin, who are revered by the peasants. The neo-Gothic chapel bears the cross on the front with the suffering tools (around 1680). The Stations of the Cross in semi-reliefs were created by Otto Birkenbach.