Recipe classic of the Kleinwalsertal: Kaiserschmarrn
Enjoy the Walser classics at home, too. Chefs from Kleinwalsertal chat about their recipes. Today in the blog: Kaiserschmarrn
Making the Kaiserschmarrn:
1) Put the flour with 90 g of the sugar, the orange and lime zest and the salt in a bowl and beat a dough while adding the milk.
2) In the next step, separate the eggs, add the yolks to the base mixture and beat the egg whites separately with 10 g of the sugar and gently fold them into the dough.
3) Now put 45 g of the butter in a pan and caramelize it with about 40 g of sugar. Save the rest of the butter for the end.
4) Add the dough, cover everything with a lid and let it rise on low heat. Alternatively, you can put the pan (recommended only for pans with metal handles) in the oven at about 200 °C and convection.
5) When the dough has risen nicely, turn it over. During the baking process, make sure that the dough does not burn.
6) Then tear the dough and add the raisins, almonds, the remaining butter, the remaining sugar and a dash of rum. Now heat the pan again for a few minutes on the stove or in the oven. Once the Kaiserschmarrn is nicely risen and caramelized, you can serve.