The Walser bus and our guest card
Walser bus & Allgäu Walser Card
Just leave the car at the hotel? No problem with the Walserbus! Use it for free during your holiday in the Kleinwalsertal - the guest card makes it possible! Get to know further advantages of the Allgäu-Walser-Card and get useful information about your stay in the Austrian destination in Vorarlberg.
Timetable for download:
- Walserbus - Summer timetable from the 11th April 2023 - to Download | Smartphone
- Walserbus - Summer timetable from the 11th April 2023 - With routes
€49 - GERMANY TICKET
The ticket is not valid on all bus lines in Kleinwalsertal.
The ticket is also not valid on the Walserbus line 1 between Oberstdorf train station and Walserschanz.
TAKING DOGS ON THE WALSER BUS
According to the Austrian motor vehicle transport conditions, dogs are allowed to travel on public transport under certain conditions. Basically, all small and large dogs must wear a muzzle and a leash! This provision also applies to the route through Germany, Line 1.
There are exceptions:
- For dogs that are transported in a closed container (attention: transport in an open handbag is not allowed!)
- For partner dogs for people with disabilities (guide, guide and assistance dogs)
There is currently no charge for transporting dogs on the Walserbus lines.
Muzzles in various sizes can be purchased from the Council office in Riezlern (Bürgerservice) and from the tourist office in Hirschegg.
TRANSPORT OF BICYCLES ON THE WALSERBUS
- No transport of e-bikes, as no reliable load securing is possible (risk of injury for passengers and liability risk for bus driver).
- Bicycles without motors can be transported at off-peak times (until approx. 8:00 a.m. in the morning and from approx. 7:00 p.m. in the evening).
- Prerequisite for transport: the cyclist must have a transport safety device (tension belt) and there must be sufficient space. Wheelchair users and strollers always have priority!