Chapel St. Martin
The chapel in Baad is located on the mountain trail.
Walserbus line 1 stop - Mittelberg or Baad.
Built in 1636, the chapel was located about 40 meters northwest of the Kaplanhaus, which lies directly behind the current church. The burdens were heavy, because the Walser were suffering from the terrible plague at that time and had to raise large expenses for the defense against the Swedes. All the more, the achievement of the families in Baad, to build their own church, must be recognized. The consecration took place in 1663 by Auxiliary Bishop Sigismund of Constance in honor of St. Martin, the Virgin Mary and St. Wendelin.