The Protestant church "Kreuzkirche"
The Protestant church "Kreuzkirche" is located in Hirschegg "Am Berg".
The first Protestant services in the valley were in 1925 in the clinic. Backer held in Riezlern-Schwende. In 1940, a prayer room was inaugurated in today's Schwäbisch-Gmünder-Haus am Zwerbach in Riezlern. The development of tourism has led to the need for constant support of a growing number of Protestant Christians. In 1949, a church construction association was founded, to which ten families belonged. On the initiative of the Oberstdorfer pastor Gabriel and the club leadership in 1952 the foundation stone for the construction of the Kreuzkirche could be laid. According to the plans of the architect Gsaenger from Munich and the construction management by architect Horle from Oberstdorf, this beautiful mountain church was built after only one year of construction.