Recipes from Kleinwalsertal: Goat cheese with honey
Kleinwalsertal feeling for your home. Cook classic dishes and creative recipes from the Walser cuisine. Today for you: Goat cheese with mountain honey crust from the Scharnagl apiary.
Versatile in use on breakfast bread, for sweetening fresh mountain herbal tea or yet as the basis for entire menus - mountain honey is a true secret weapon in Kleinwalsertal cuisine. In Riezlern in Kleinwalsertal, district Zwerwald, Jürgen Scharnagl - restaurateur, cook, hunter and beekeeper - runs his small hobby apiary.
In his apiary you will find honey from mountain blossoms, dandelion, alpine roses or from the forest. Collected by his own bees and processed by hand - the ideal souvenir from your Kleinwalsertal vacation.
For the perfect summer evening and a little Kleinwalsertal feeling on your own terrace, Jürgen reveals his recipe for his goat cheese with honey-nut crust.
1) Roast nuts and seeds in a pan without oil and then roughly chop. Finely chop the rosemary.
2) Mix the chopped nuts, rosemary and honey together to form a sticky mass.
3) Cut goat cheese into 1-2 cm thick slices.
4) Spread the mixture of nuts and honey as a crust on the goat cheese and bake at 220°C convection oven for 15 minutes.
5) Serve goat cheese with fresh bread and salad. Ready!
An Gauta!/ Enjoy your meal!